Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Porch Rails

Things have seemed to really slow down over the past week or so. All of the major framing is completed, the front porch is completed and the soffit is sitting in the basement ready to be installed.  We got some bad news on the windows yesterday.  Turns out they've pulled the window we were going to order from the shelf because of some nasty scratching issues (glad we found out now instead of later!) so we're back to the drawing board to find a good window we like.  As far as I know the doors and siding have been ordered and will be here sometime soon.  Bracy has started on the plumbing (I think I saw one toilet pipe in place yesterday) and the electric has come to an unexpected halt right now.  We're still waiting on a few budgetary adjustments before we can take off on that project.  But I was pleasantly surprised, but not as much as Josie, when I saw the back porch now has rails and for the most part, I don't have to worry about anyone just walking off the edge anymore!
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment