Thursday, March 20, 2014

Mustang - Lil' Legends Life Jacket Review

IMG_3034As I reported back in November, Occasionally I’ll be selected to review a new product through a program I joined online. This time around, the item wasn’t as much for me as it was for the girls. Although Charlotte still has a few pounds before it will fit her properly, Josie still falls within the recommended range. When I first opened the package I was a little taken back by the design of this life jacket. My family spends a lot of time in boats and on the water, so I’ve seen my share of life jackets for myself and two daughters. This jacket is built like most of the infant life jackets I’ve used, with a floatation ring around the neck. I thought at first that Josie (4 years old) would hate this and it would be more uncomfortable than her Stearns Hydroprene Jacket that she’s used for boating and swimming for the last year or so. After the first wearing of the mustang jacket in the boat however, she chooses this jacket every time. What makes this jacket different is that the back of the jacket is completely mesh, so it’s much more comfortable and fitting to her shape.
IMG_3038
We have been out on several occasions and so far she has always asked to wear the one with a sea horse on the front! My two daughters are currently 18-lbs and 47-lbs. These weights are at both ends of the recommended range for the jacket I own. Although my 4 year old is 47-lbs, she’s very tall and slender and I love the fact that this jacket has the leg strap to prevent it from rising above her head. I realize also that the buoyancy may be affected by her weight being so close to the top end, and I hope that I will be able to transition my preschooler out of it and my toddler into the jacket by summers end (Although I’ve got this feeling I’m going to have to purchase the same jacket for the next size up for my older daughter before she’s going to pass this one down to sister!) I haven’t had a chance to test the buoyancy of this jacket yet, but as soon as warmer weather is upon us, and we’re out swimming in our pond, I will update this further! For now it’s a win in our book!
IMG_3050

1 comment:

  1. Nice review. Mustang make some great life jackets and this is no exception. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete