Monday, June 18, 2012

And the FRAMING begins!

What a wonderful way to start a Monday morning! By lunch, all of the base plates were nailed/screwed into the concrete, and all of the top plates were cut and laid off.  At least at this point I was getting a better idea of how big/small each area was going to be.

The first delivery of the sub floor came in while I was there at lunch.


By afternoon we had walls!  Now you can really get an idea of the size of each room.  We only had to make minor adjustments so far in the basement because of some issues with plumbing pipes and a pocket door.  Other than that, I think things are coming along nicely :)



In the shot below, I am standing up on the porch, looking down into the basement.  The room across the front (between the porch I'm standing on and the first wall) is a family room.  The first framed room on the left side is the mechanical room and the stairs.  The first framed room on the right side is a full bath, and behind that is the laundry room.  Everything in the back of the picture is garage.



I'm so happy and grateful that this is actually happening!  Jeffrey put it in perspective when informed me that if we just put a roof on what we have so far, it would already be twice the size of what we are living in right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment