Monday, April 30, 2012

Say what you mean; Mean what you say...

It's an age old adage, but holds a lot of merit when it comes to communication, or should I say, efficient communication. 

We got an email this afternoon from Dave Box (Superior Walls of NC) in response to me questioning why we haven't heard anything on the wall delivery schedule yet.  After all, when we met two weeks ago, I was under the impression that the walls would be delivered and set up by this Friday.  I asked several times even.  Each time he told us it would be about 10 days (and I even gave him the weekends, knowing they wouldn't be working).  So 10 days is Friday, May 4th .... So why am I now reading (only after prying) that the walls are not even scheduled to be delivered until May 16th?!?  Ummm, either say what you mean (... walls will be installed a month from now....) or mean what you say, and get those walls in on time.  After all it's just good business advice...

No comments:

Post a Comment